I don’t think there’s a whole lot I can say about this book. I really liked the first one, the second one was nice, just a bit on the boring side, but this one…
I don’t quite know what happened, I just couldn’t get past the first 100 pages. I tried. I honestly tried, but the characters were being terribly stupid and the pacing terribly slow, and every time I picked it up, I didn’t find the heart to read more than one or two paragraphs before being bored to death and thinking I shouldn’t bother, they were going to do something stupid for sure and ruin it further.
No motivation whatsoever to finish it, sorry! I gave up even trying. The first couple of books were OK, though.
Get the rest of this series:
- Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, Book 1)
- Grass for His Pillow (Tales of the Otori, Book 2)
- Brilliance of the Moon (Tales of the Otori, Book 3)
- The Harsh Cry of the Heron: The Last Tale of the Otori (Tales of the Otori, Book 4)
- and Heaven’s Net is Wide (Tales of the Otori)